MORNING BATCH SCHEDULE
Starts October 2020
Mon to Fri classes
9.30am – 12noon
EVENING BATCH SCHEDULE
Starts 1st Dec 2020
Mon to Fri classes
3.30pm – 6pm
FILM DIRECTION COURSE OVERVIEW
There is a lot of confusion between film direction & film-making. Film-making is creating or being part of the creation of a film. Any individual in the film production team can be called a filmmaker. Film direction is a specific job held by a specific person, the film director. Film director is the one who takes the viewers in a journey. He is the one who decides on that journey’s direction, meaning where the story goes & how long it takes. ‘Where’ the story is ‘going’ implies the Space & ‘how long it takes’ implies Time. Now, this balancing of the Space-Time equilibrium is the aesthetic sense or art of the film director. The skills required in order to execute the art, is called techniques of film direction.
The film director does not need to operate a camera or cut footage in editing. The film director needs to direct the cinematographer, the editor, the actors, and most importantly the audience watching the film. Film Direction is one of the most responsible and challenging jobs in film production. Directors need to understand human emotions, they must have ability to grasp technical processes, ability to work with different kinds of skilled professionals.
Get trained from experienced industry professionals in multiple aspects of film direction process – concept development, script & screenplay writing, casting, shot division, scene blocking & more. Learn both art & technique of film direction.
- Learning the art & technique of visual storytelling.
- Successfully complete a variety of curriculum film projects, managing each project through the pre-production, production, and post-production phases.
- Develop an understanding of collaborative working between directors, cinematographers & actors in various curriculum film projects.
- Maintaining a consistent look for each film by studying visual design & art direction.
- Study about different documentary film formats with a focus on style, technique & elements of storytelling.
- Training in screenwriting craft, casting, scene blocking, sync-sound production.
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional.
- A hands-on learning experience to handle professional projects, through Sixteen By Nine Internship Program.
- Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I.)
- Uttam Mondol (F.T.I.I.)
- Mangesh Latey (FLAMES UNIVERSITY)
- Anteriksh Srivastava (SBNMC)
COURSE FEES | ₹55,000/-
- Installment Structure: 25,000-15,000-15,000
Payable in 3 monthly installments
(Post-dated cheque is compulsory)
- All candidates applying to courses at Sixteen By Nine Media Centre should be SSC pass.
- Admissions are based on registration only. The registration fee is ₹5,000/-.
- Required attachments to admission form:
✓ 1 passport size photo of student
✓ photocopy of ID proof bearing student’s address (Aadhar/Passport/Driving license)
✓ photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations (S.S.C./H.S.C./Graduation/P.G.)
- AVAILABLE PAYMENT MODES:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Centre
Name Of Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch Name: Bhandarkar Road
A/c No.: 50200040423503
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: HDFC0000007
✓ By cheque in favor of, ‘Sixteen By Nine Media Centre’
✓ By cash (submitted at our office).
- The inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student’s name, photograph, testimonials, likeness, or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.
Download Admission Form
|COMMON INTRODUCTORY LECTURES|
|Film-making Is A Craft||00:00:00|
|Iconic Scene : How To Watch & Study Films||00:20:00|
|Audio Visual Settings And Format||00:30:00|
|Learn To Write Synopsis : Concept & Treatment Note||00:06:00|
|Concept Note Assignment||2, 00:00|
|History of Indian Cinema||00:35:00|
|Direction : Beginner Classes||00:45:00|
|Direction : Intermediate Classes||00:22:00|
|Direction : Advanced Classes||00:20:00|
|Interview Project||1 week, 1 day|
|Documentary Film Project||00:10:00|
|Short Film Fiction Project||00:20:00|
|Music Video Project||01:00:00|
|Original Concept And Treatment Note Exercise||FREE||00:20:00|
|Feature Film Story Exercise||FREE||00:40:00|
|Sound Design Exercise||FREE||00:30:00|
|Final Draft Screenplay Exercise||00:35:00|
|Working With Actors||00:30:00|