FILM EDITING COURSE OVERVIEW
Film editing is one of the most important departments of film-making. A film is a combination of several art forms, such as music, acting, direction, screenplay, picturization, etc. All these art forms are combined together through editing. And that is how, a film is made, on the editing table. A film is made up of emotions. The viewer of a film experiences a range of emotions to an imaginary world on screen. With the latest software, tools & techniques, the editor creates emotions, rhythm, structure, pace & timing in a film. An editor can create different kinds of emotions from the same footage by cutting it differently.
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, through this 6-month film editing course, offers the best training to prepare you as a professional Film & Video Editor. Training in audio & video editing along with educating students to think like a filmmaker. Imparting real-time project-based learning, we teach students to develop concepts and not just be a software operator. Training in the latest software, Final Cut Pro X, Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects, Photoshop, coupled with aesthetics aspects of film-editing. At SBNMC, students are trained to develop concepts from raw idea and not just be mere software operators. The students are skilled to make videos of different genres, be it a documentary, fiction film, music video, trailer or films & ads for corporate.
- Knowledge of using the latest professional software for non-linear film & video editing to create broadcast-quality films & video.
- Complete a video editing project from start to finish.
- Understanding the process & workflow of film-making: idea & concept creation, scriptwriting, screenplay writing, a story structure diagram, colour theory, VFX, sound & audio post-production, film production & post-production.
- Create advanced projects, montage edits, most up to date transitions and effects & more.
- Develop an understanding of collaborative working between directors, cinematographers & actors in various curriculum film projects.
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables them to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional.
- A hands-on learning experience to handle professional projects, through Sixteen By Nine Internship Program.
- Main faculty: Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I. Alumnus)
- Course Co-ordinator: Vaibhav Singh
COURSE FEES | RS.55,000/-
Installment Structure: 25,000-15,000-15,000
Payable in 3 monthly installments
(Post-dated cheque is compulsory)
- All candidates applying to courses at Sixteen By Nine Media Centre should be SSC pass.
- Admissions are based on registration only. The registration fee is Rs. 5,000/-.
- Required attachments to admission form:
– 1 passport size photo of student
– photocopy of ID proof bearing student’s address (Aadhar/Passport/Driving license)
– photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations – S.S.C./H.S.C./Graduation/P.G.
- AVAILABLE PAYMENT MODES:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Centre
Name Of Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch Name: Bhandarkar Road
A/c No.: 50200040423503
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: HDFC0000007
– By cheque in favor of, ‘Sixteen By Nine Media Centre’
– By cash (submitted at our office).
WHY CHOOSE SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE?
- Well equipped lab & classroom with 1:1 computer to student ratio.
- Industry-oriented course, covering wide-ranging aesthetic, operational & technical aspects of non-linear editing.
- Exhaustive training in a professional environment – leading non – linear editing systems (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere CC & Da Vinci Resolve).
- Recognized facilitators and instructors strained from the Film & Television Institute of India (F.T.I.I.), Pune.
- Internship assistance in Production Houses, Channels, NGOs. & Corporate Organisations in Mumbai and Pune.
- An ideal and convenient location in the heart of Pune city.
- Affordable fee structure.
- The network of other students who are now film-makers, directors, editors, cinematographers & actors working in different levels of the film industry.
- The inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Any fee once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student’s name, photograph, testimonials, likeness, or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.
Download Admission Form
|COMMON INTRODUCTORY LECTURES|
|Filmmaking Is Craft Details||FREE||00:03:00|
|Iconic Scene : How To Watch & Study Films Details||00:20:00|
|AUDIO VISUAL SETTINGS AND FORMATS Details||00:30:00|
|Learn To Write Synopsis : Concept & Treatment Note Details||00:06:00|
|Concept Note Assignment||2, 00:00|
|History of Indian Cinema Details||00:35:00|
|TECHNICAL SKILLS IN FILM EDITING Details||00:30:00|
|AESTHETICS OF FILM EDITING Details||00:35:00|
|INTERVIEW PROJECT Details||1 week, 1 day|
|DOCUMENTARY FILM PROJECT Details||00:10:00|
|Short Film Fiction Project Details||00:20:00|
|Music Video Project Details||01:00:00|
|Non-Fiction Editing Details||00:20:00|
|Fiction Editing Details||00:00:00|
|Trailer Editing Details||FREE||00:30:00|
|AD FILM EDIT Details||00:20:00|
|SHOWREEL EDIT Details||FREE||00:12:00|