|Course name||Certification in Film & Video Editing|
|Course duration||12 Weeks (3 Months)|
|Mode of class||Distance Learning (Online)|
|Batch start date||17 May 2021 (Monday)|
|Course fee||₹ 30,000/-|
Editing is one of the most important parts of making a film. An editor’s job involves taking tons of decisions in order to figure out the story you want to tell. The emotion that comes through the final film is up to the editor. One of the most important skills to have as an editor is having the ability to create a story for a target demographic. Through our 3 Month Distance Learning Certification Program in Film & Video Editing, we prepare critical and industry responsive film makers. Award winning film-maker, main faculty and director of the course Gourav Ghosh (FTII) will take you through craft of editing. He believes that making a film is not possible without editing. Our training is focused in making the student a film-maker, who makes films. We promote our students’ films in to international film festivals and online streaming platforms. We and our students are a team committed to the core process of film-making.
The curriculum projects are constructed in such a way that it feels like a real job. We have original smart projects for students. They receive professional advise and feedback on their final films which is very much how the professional world works. You not only get hands on instruction from industry professionals but also build your show reel while completing the course.
Knowledge of using the latest professional software for non-linear film & video editing to create broadcast-quality films & video.
Complete a video editing project from start to finish.
Understanding the process & workflow of film-making: idea & concept creation, colour theory, VFX, sound & audio post-production, film production & post-production.
Create advanced projects, montage edits, most up to date transitions and effects & more.
Develop an understanding of collaborative working between directors, cinematographers & actors in various curriculum film projects.
Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables them to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional.
A hands-on learning experience to handle professional projects, through Internship Program.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE CURRICULUM
• Film Format
• TV Format
• Digital Format
• Aspect Ratio
• Frame Rate
• Interlaced & Progressive Scanning
• Amplitude & Frequency Modulation
• Frame Rate
• Bit Depth
• Bit Rate
|WORKFLOW OF FILM EDITING:
• Dealing Footage
• Watch footage
• Organise Footage
• Setup Software
• First Assembly
• Rough Cut
• Final Cut
• Sound Post production
• VFX & CC
• File Delivery
• Launch software
• Create & Rename
• Add, Rename, Delete Events
• Library Properties
• Modify Media Storage
• Working With Inspector
• Customise Preferences
• Customise Keyboard Shortcuts
|MEDIA MANAGEMENT & TIMELINE EDITING TOOLS:
• Import Media
• Customise The Browser
• Rename Clips
• Find Clips By Name
• Modify Browser Columns
• Create Smart Collection
• Edit Options
• Customise Titling
• Primary Storyline
• Position Tool
• Edit Only Video/ Only Audio
• Replace Edits
• Cut A Clip
• Precision Editor
• Trim- Tops/ Tails/ Range
• Ripple/ Roll/ Trim
• Slip Tool
• Split Edit
|AUDIO EDITING IN SOFTWARE:|
• Key Audio Tones
• Edit & Trim Audio
• Set Audio Levels
• Record Voiceovers
• Explore Roles For Video, Audio Editing
• Audio Effects
• Audio Mixing
• 4 Goals Of Colour
• 3 Colour Settings
• Using The Colour Wheel
• Using Colour Board
• Using Colour Curves
• Using Video Scopes
• 3 Types Of Transitions
• Inspector Effects
• Speed Effects
• Keyframing & Animation
• Chroma Keying
• Title Browser
• How To Preview Titles
• Edit Titles Into The
• Change Title Duration
• Change Title Text
• Safe Zones
• Title Administration
• Blend Modes
• Generators Browser
• Generator Textures
• Animated Backgrounds
• Generators & Infographics
• 3D Text
• Emojis In Text
|ABOUT THE PROGRAMME|
|➡ PROGRAMME UNIQUENESS:
• Sixteen By Nine Media Centre is among very few film institutes in India to offer an online project based film editing course.
• Using an internet connected laptop or a PC loaded with prescribed software, students can take this distance learning course from anywhere around the world.
• All professionally shot footage are provided to students for the purpose of developing editing skills.
• Quizzes and assignments form important assessment tools of the course, helping students develop their skills from foundation to intermediate to professional.
• The course offers a learning platform where students can review complete course module in Google Classroom, watch recorded video lectures, interact with faculty at every step of the way through WhatsApp group, one to one doubt clearing sessions, and live master class webinars.
• Students edit their own show reel as part of their final curriculum project for the course.
|➡ COURSE FLOW
1. Each Monday, for 12 weeks, you’ll receive an email with lecture videos, content material, reference films, Raw footage, notes & instructions. You’ll be added to that week’s Google Classroom where you can access all materials.
2. Complete the week’s task by Friday and submit your weekly assignments by each Saturday through email or on the google classroom.
3. Faculty live sessions will be conducted twice a month, on second and fourth Saturdays of each month.
4. You’ll be added to WhatsApp group for real time doubt clearance.
5. A full 12 weeks academic calendar will be issued to you at the time of admissions. After submissions of all projects and assignments, your showreel and resume will be created for the internship program.
|➡ PROGRAMME REQUIREMENT:
• Pc or Laptop With Internet.
• PDF Reader
• Premiere Pro CC or DaVinci Resolve or FCPx
(Trial versions of the software will also work.)
|➡ WHO THIS PROGRAMME IS FOR:
• All those who have a passion for editing.
• All those who have enthusiasm and interest in making films.
|➡ INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE:
Candidates to the course also get advantage of Sixteen By Nine Media Centre's internship program to get a foot in the film industry through internship placements with our partner production houses.
Past placements have included:
• Star Sports
• BhaDiPa YouTube Channel
• Ignited Spectrum Productions
• Bells & Whistles Productions
• First Cry
• Trivium Media Productions
• A.K. Studios
• Orca Studios
|ABOUT THE ADMISSION PROCESS|
|➡ HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: PAY COURSE FEE. PLEASE SAVE THE PAYMENT RECEIPT OR SCREENSHOT OF FEE PAID.
Our Payment Details:
Option 1. Bank account details for Neft:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Centre
Name Of Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch Name: Bhandarkar Road
A/c No.: 50200040423503
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: HDFC0000007
Option 2. Use link given below if paying through EMI / credit / debit card, net banking
STEP 2: FILL THE ADMISSION FORM CLICKING ON LINK GIVEN BELOW
STEP 3: OUR COURSE CO-ORDINATOR WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU TO GET YOU STARTED WITH THE COURSE.
ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN DIRECTLY CONTACT US ON +91 9518505168.
|➡ ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are expected to possess a minimum of Std X School certificate. This course is under-graduate level, which post-graduates can also attempt, as it is tuned with latest industry trends and practices. The applicant should be able to read English.
Mandatory documents required:
• Proof of identity - Aadhaar card / Passport / Voter’s ID / PAN card / Driving license
• Proof of address - Aadhaar card / Passport / Voter’s ID
• Marksheet - S.S.C. or equivalent / Highest qualification
KNOW YOUR INSTRUCTOR
An award-winning filmmaker with over 11 years of experience in Fiction, Documentary & Corporate filmmaking, Gourav Ghosh has made over 30 independent short films & documentaries. Some of his films like “Nakaar”, “Garbage Island” & ‘Jokkad” are awarded in international film festivals. A Post-Graduate Diploma in Video Editing from Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, he has worked with organisations like NDTV, Doordarshan and independently on various political & corporate campaigns. He was the Academic Chairperson (Media) of ISB&M, Pune. He has conducted filmmaking workshops for learners of all levels and different educational backgrounds. This is a unique combination of experience in the film education sector coupled with more than ten years of core background in filmmaking.
Follow him on social media:
|CONTACT US FOR QUERIES|
|Click to send message|
|Introduction To Film-making||00:00:00|
|How To Watch Films||00:00:00|
|Workflow Of Film Editing||00:00:00|
|Six Shot Shoot||00:00:00|
|Six Shot Edit||00:00:00|
|Six Shot Review & Faculty Interaction||00:00:00|
|Codecs, Bitdepth, Resolution||00:00:00|
|The Cutting Edge Screening||00:00:00|
|The Cutting Edge Test||00:00:00|
|Editing Hardware & Storage||00:00:00|
|Import & Optimise Footage in NLE Software||00:00:00|
|Premiere Pro CC Demo||00:00:00|
|Non Fiction Footage Watching||00:00:00|
|Non Fiction Edit||00:00:00|
|Non Fiction Edit||00:00:00|
|Non Fiction Project Submission||00:00:00|
|Non Fiction Project Screening||00:00:00|
|Fiction Edit Class||00:00:00|
|Fiction Footage Watching||00:00:00|
|VFX In NLE||00:00:00|
|Fiction Project Submission||00:00:00|
|Fiction Project Screening||00:00:00|
|Trailer Edit (Movie watching)||00:00:00|
|Trailer Editing Structure||00:00:00|
|Trailer Project Submission||00:00:00|
|Trailer Project Screening||00:00:00|
|Davinci Resolve Demo||00:00:00|
|Colour Correction & Grading On DaVinci Resolve||00:00:00|
|Music Video Edit Class||00:00:00|
|Music Video Footage Watching||00:00:00|
|Music Video Edit||00:00:00|
|Music Video Edit||00:00:00|
|Music Video Project Submission||00:00:00|
|Music Video Project Screening||00:00:00|
|Ad Film Footage Watching||00:00:00|
|Ad Film Edit||00:00:00|
|Ad Film Screening||00:00:00|
11 STUDENTS ENROLLED