DIPLOMA IN CINEMATOGRAPHY, 6 MONTH COURSE. GET TRAINED TO WORK AS A PROFESSIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHER.
LEARN FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS. SHOOT PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS AS PART OF PROJECT WHILE PURSUING THE COURSE.
SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE, PUNE
Department Of Cinematography
The department of cinematography at Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, offers Diploma In Cinematography - 6 Month Course. We aim to give students professional knowledge in highly technical & aesthetic aspects of Cinematography, coupled with tonnes of practical exposure & 1 month of guaranteed industry internship.
The department views cinematography as an integral & essential part of film-making. With a project based curriculum, students are subject to put in their skills to complete professional productions as part of their projects.
The course begins with introducing students to the workflow of film-making & the role of cinematographer in the film-making process. Followed by learning the elements of cinematography, through working with DSLR, HDR & Cinema camera and studying about visual story, scene composition, concept note, shot design, colour theory, camera movements, optics & lensing. The students are exposed to in depth knowledge of the fundamentals of cinematography through a combination of intensive theory & practical classes in the first three months of the course.
The student is introduced to lighting - use of natural light, low budget lights & film lights. Also the curriculum needs the students to complete four different project shoot pertaining to four different genres - non-fiction film, chroma shoot, short (fiction) film & music (playback) video.
We strive to educate the students, in order to make them think creatively & experimenting with new perspectives. Also, working through projects, students develop an understanding of collaborative working with the director & film crew.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum
- Introduction to film-making
- Elements of cinematography
- Composition & shot design
- Lensing & optics
- Camera movements
- Shot division & concept note
- Video formats
- Light & color theory
- Workshop on RED Camera
- Practical exercises & projects:
- 12 shot exercise
- 6 shot practical
- Camera movements practicals
- Recreation exercise (using lights)
- Night & day lighting exercise
- Interview Exercise
- Documentary Shoot (non-fiction)
- Short Film Shoot (fiction)
- Chroma Shoot
- Playback Shoot (music video)
Learn from experienced industry professionals & cinematographers trained from The Film & Television Institute Of India (FTII), Pune. Also, guest lectures by eminent film-makers will be conducted.
Starts February 4th, 2019
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Last date of completing admission procedure: On or before 1st Feb, 2019
Fees | Rs. 65,000/-
Rs. 35,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)
- Admission form must be duly filled by the student along with the following attachments:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Available payment modes:
- Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Productions
Name Of Bank: Bank Of Baroda
Branch Name: Korba
A/c No.: 24810200000499
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: BARB0KORBAX
- Payment through credit & debit card can be done using the link button given in our website on the respective course information page.
- Payment can be made through drawing cheque in favour of, "Sixteen By Nine Media Productions"
- Submission of post dated cheque is mandatory in case of opting installment plan.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of an admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student's name, photograph, testimonials, likeness or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.