DIPLOMA IN CINEMATOGRAPHY, 6 MONTH COURSE. GET TRAINED TO WORK AS A PROFESSIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHER. LEARN FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS. SHOOT PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS WHILE PURSUING THE COURSE. SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE, PUNE
Diploma In Cinematography
Course Duration: 6 Months
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, offers 6 months training in cinematography, teaching students highly technical & aesthetic aspects of camera handling, coupled with tonnes of practical exposure. SBNMC views cinematography as an integral & essential part of film-making. With project based curriculum, students are subject to put their skills to complete professional productions as part of their projects.
The students are exposed to in depth knowledge of the fundamentals of cinematography through a combination of intensive theory & practical classes. We strive to educate the students, in order to make them think creatively & experimenting with new perspectives. Also, working through projects, students develop an understanding of collaborative working with the director & film crew.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum
INTRODUCTORY COMMON LECTURES:
- Introduction to film-making
- How to watch & study a film?
- Video formats
- Concept Note: How to develop a concept from raw idea
- Film history
- Role of a cinematographer in the film-making process
- Elements of cinematography
- Shot division
- Introduction to DSLR camera
- Camera settings
- Exposure compensation
- White balance
- Elements of composition
- Color theory & grading
- Visual design
- Art direction
- Shot sizes
- Lensing & optics
- HDR (video) camera training
- Focus pulling
- Camera movements - slider, rig, gimbal
- In depth DSLR
- Lighting - indoor outdoor matching, day & night lighting, use of natural light
- Chroma shoot
- Practical exercises:
- 6 shot practical
- White balance & exposure practical
- Lensing practical
- 12 shot exercise with HDR
- Focus pulling practicals
- Camera movements practicals
- Lighting practicals: three point lighting, scene recreation, day & night lighting
- Chroma practical
- 12 Shot Film
- Interview Film
- Documentary Film (non-fiction genre)
- Short Film (fiction genre)
- Music Video
- Becoming technically sound in basics of photography, including exposure, lighting & composition.
- Successfully complete a variety of curriculum film projects, managing each project through the pre-production, production and post-production phases.
- Using professional camera, film lights & other tools effectively in production process.
- Develop an understanding of collaborative working between directors, cinematographers & actors in various curriculum film projects.
- Maintaining a consistent look for each film through studying about visual design, art direction & using color correction tools.
- Analyze a screenplay from the perspective of a cinematographer.
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional.
- Hands on learning experience to handle professional projects, through Sixteen By Nine Internship Program.
- Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I.)
- Mahesh Digrajkar (F.T.I.I.)
- Bhagyashri Khandare (F.T.I.I.)
- Uttam Mondol (F.T.I.I.)
- Prateek Kale (SBNMC, M.I.T. School Of Photography)
Announcing last batch of this season
Starts 8th February 2020
Sat & Sun Classes
Class Time: 10.30 am to 2 pm
Admissions open. Register Now!
Limited seats per batch.
Register early to book your seats.
Admission based on registrations only
Registration fees: Rs. 5,000/-
Fees | Rs. 65,000/-
Rs. 35,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)
- Admission form must be duly filled by the student along with the following attachments:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- AVAILABLE PAYMENT MODES:
- Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Centre
Name Of Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch Name: Bhandarkar Road
A/c No.: 50200040423503
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: HDFC0000007
- Payment through credit & debit card can be done using the link button given in our website on the respective course information page.
- Payment can be made through drawing cheque in favour of, "Sixteen By Nine Media Centre"
- SUBMISSION OF POST DATED CHEQUE FOR SECOND & THIRD INSTALLMENT IS MANDATORY AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION IN CASE OF OPTING INSTALLMENT PLAN.
- Inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of an admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student's name, photograph, testimonials, likeness or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.