Department Of Cinematography
The department of cinematography at Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, offers Diploma In Cinematography - 6 Month Course. We aim to give that necessary training to the students, in both aesthetic & technical aspects of cinematography.
The department views cinematography as an integral & essential part of film-making. With a project based curriculum, students are subject to put in their skills to complete professional productions as part of their projects.
The course begins with introducing students to the workflow of film-making & the role of cinematographer in the film-making process. Followed by learning the elements of cinematography, through working with DSLR & HDR cameras and studying about visual story, scene composition, concept note, shot design, colour theory, camera movements, optics & lensing. The students are exposed to in depth knowledge of the fundamentals of cinematography through a combination of intensive theory & practical classes in the first three months of the course.
The student is introduced to lighting - use of natural light, low budget lights & film lights. Also the curriculum needs the students to complete four different project shoot pertaining to four different genres - non-fiction fim, chroma shoot, short (fiction) film & music (playback) video. At the end of fifth month of the course, the student has to undergo 1 month internship program in production houses & studios / T.V. channels across Pune/ Mumbai or assisting an professional cinematographer in his project.
We strive to educate the students, in order to make them think creatively & experimenting with new perspectives. Also, working through projects, students develop an understanding of collaborative working with the director & film crew.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum:
- Introduction to film-making
- Elements of cinematography
- Composition & shot design
- Lensing & optics
- Camera movements
- Shot division & concept note
- Video formats
- Light & color theory
- Workshop on RED Camera
- Practical exercises & projects:
- 12 shot exercise
- 6 shot practical
- Camera movements practicals
- Recreation exercise (using lights)
- Night & day lighting exercise
- Interview Exercise
- Documentary Shoot (non-fiction)
- Short Film Shoot (fiction)
- Chroma Shoot
- Playback Shoot (music video)
Learn from experienced industry professionals & cinematographers trained from The Film & Television Institute Of India (FTII), Pune. Also, guest lectures by eminent film-makers will be conducted.
Starts October 1st, 2018
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Payable in three monthly installments:
35,000 - 15,000 - 15,000
Post dated cheques for 2nd & 3rd installment to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Minimum qualification required: S.S.C. Pass
- Things to be attached with admission form:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any of the following examinations appeared for - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Submission of post dated cheque is compulsory at the time of admission, if opting to pay fees in installment.