Diploma In Film Acting
6 Month Course
Acting in films is all about, in large part, reacting & listening. And beyond all that, it is all about psychology.
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre has developed this acting course curriculum based on 'Sanford Meisner's School Of Method Acting' specially targeted towards giving quality training to budding actors. This course explores techniques that can be applied in range of mediums like Film, T.V., Commercial Ads, Web etc.
With project based learning system, the course undergoes intensive training in film acting. The student get hands on training in camera acting with completing a professional production as part of their final project.
The aim of the course is to launch your acting career, by making you industry ready, covering wide ranging aesthetic, operational & technical aspects of Film Acting.
However, the main focus of this course is not just on developing acting skills but also on exploring the magic behind emotional manipulation.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum:
- Introduction to film-making
- Navrasa theory & practice
- Action reaction
- Introduction to theatre
- Theatre games & exercises
- Situational awareness & sense memory
- Script analysis, reading & subtext
- Character building
- Voice, diction & speech
- Training in voice over & dubbing
- Camera techniques & shot division
- Lip sync exercise
- Spot memory (audition technique)
- Dance & movement Class
- Social media for actors
- Structure of film-industry
- Projects to be completed:
- Theatre scene work (group project)
- 4 Monologues (individual project)
- Short film (group project)
- Music video (individual project).
Note: The projects will be shot by professionals with the students participating in them.
Learn from experienced industry professionals trained from The Film & Television Institute Of India (FTII), Pune. Also, guest lectures by eminent film-makers & actors will be conducted.
Next Batch Starts December 1st, 2018
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Note: Fees can be paid in three monthly installments (25000 - 15000 - 15000).
Post dated cheques for 2nd & 3rd installment to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Minimum qualification required: S.S.C. Pass
- Things to be attached with admission form:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any of the following examinations appeared for - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Submission of post dated cheque is compulsory at the time of admission, if opting to pay fees in installment.