Course Duration: 6 Months
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre has designed this 6 month curriculum for film direction, training students in both art & technique of film direction with a compulsory internship program in a leading production houses & studios / t.v. channels across Pune / Mumbai.
Film director is the one who takes the viewers in a journey. He is the one who decides on that journey's direction, meaning where the story goes & how long it takes. 'Where' the story is 'going' implies the Space & 'how long it takes' implies Time. Now, this balancing of the Space-Time equilibrium is the aesthetic sense or art of the film director. The skills required in order to execute the art, is called techniques of film direction.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum:
- Introduction to film-making
- Role of a contemporary director
- Screen grammar
- Spatial connections
- Temporal connections
- Concept note
- Treatment note
- Story board, story structure
- Art direction & visual design
- Music appreciation
- Documentary film: history & approaches
- Screenplay & narrative structure
- Pre production: location scouting, floor plan, shot division
- Methods of acting, casting, auditions
- Rehearsals with actor
- Interview exercise
- Documentary film (non-fiction genre) (script, shoot & edit)
- Drafting a screenplay
- Short film (fiction genre) (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- Music Video (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- How to develop concept & story from raw idea?
- Pre-production practical training
- Working with cinematographers, editors & actors.
- Practical film production experience
- Post production workflow
Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I. Alumnus)
Founder & Director, Sixteen By Nine Media Centre.
Note: Fees can be paid in three monthly installments (25000 - 15000 - 15000).
Post dated cheques for 2nd & 3rd installment to be submitted at the time of admission.
Batch Starts October 1st, 2018
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Minimum qualification required: S.S.C. Pass
- Things to be attached with admission form:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any of the following examinations appeared for - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Submission of post dated cheque is compulsory at the time of admission, if opting to pay fees in installment.