DIPLOMA IN FILM DIRECTION, 6 MONTH COURSE. LEARN FILM DIRECTION THROUGH A PROJECT BASED CURRICULUM. DIRECT 3 PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS WHILE PURSUING THE COURSE - SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE, PUNE
Course Duration: 6 Months
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre has designed this 6 month real time project based curriculum, training students in both art & technique of film direction.
Film director is the one who takes the viewers in a journey. He is the one who decides on that journey's direction, meaning where the story goes & how long it takes. 'Where' the story is 'going' implies the Space & 'how long it takes' implies Time. Now, this balancing of the Space-Time equilibrium is the aesthetic sense or art of the film director. The skills required in order to execute the art, is called techniques of film direction.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum:
- Introduction to film-making
- Role of a contemporary director
- Screen grammar
- Spatial connections
- Temporal connections
- Concept note
- Treatment note
- Story board, story structure
- Art direction & visual design
- Music appreciation
- Documentary film: history & approaches
- Screenplay & narrative structure
- Pre production: location scouting, floor plan, shot division
- Methods of acting, casting, auditions
- Rehearsals with actor
- Interview Film
- Documentary Film (non-fiction genre) (script, shoot & edit)
- Drafting A Screenplay
- Short Film (fiction genre) (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- Music Video (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- How to develop concept & story from raw idea?
- Pre-production practical training
- Working with cinematographers, editors & actors.
- Practical film production experience
- Post production workflow
Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I. Alumnus)
Founder & Director, Sixteen By Nine Media Centre.
Starts in June, 2019. Date to be announced.
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Last date of completing admission procedure: To be announced
Fees | Rs. 55,000/-
Rs. 25,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)
- Admission form must be duly filled by the student along with the following attachments:
- - 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Available payment modes:
- Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Productions
Name Of Bank: Bank Of Baroda
Branch Name: Korba
A/c No.: 24810200000499
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: BARB0KORBAX
- Payment through credit & debit card can be done using the link button given in our website on the respective course information page.
- Payment can be made through drawing cheque in favour of, "Sixteen By Nine Media Productions"
- Submission of post dated cheque is mandatory in case of opting installment plan.
- Inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of an admission.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student's name, photograph, testimonials, likeness or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.