DIPLOMA IN FILM DIRECTION, 6 MONTH COURSE. GET AN OPPURTUNITY TO WORK WITH TOP PRODUCTIONS HOUSES IN THE INDUSTRY.
LEARN FILM DIRECTION THROUGH A PROJECT BASED CURRICULUM. DIRECT 3 PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS AS PART OF PROJECT WHILE PURSUING THE COURSE - SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE, PUNE
Course Duration: 6 Months
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre has designed this 6 month curriculum for film direction, training students in both art & technique of film direction with a compulsory internship program in a leading production houses & studios / t.v. channels across Pune / Mumbai.
Film director is the one who takes the viewers in a journey. He is the one who decides on that journey's direction, meaning where the story goes & how long it takes. 'Where' the story is 'going' implies the Space & 'how long it takes' implies Time. Now, this balancing of the Space-Time equilibrium is the aesthetic sense or art of the film director. The skills required in order to execute the art, is called techniques of film direction.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum:
- Introduction to film-making
- Role of a contemporary director
- Screen grammar
- Spatial connections
- Temporal connections
- Concept note
- Treatment note
- Story board, story structure
- Art direction & visual design
- Music appreciation
- Documentary film: history & approaches
- Screenplay & narrative structure
- Pre production: location scouting, floor plan, shot division
- Methods of acting, casting, auditions
- Rehearsals with actor
- Interview exercise
- Documentary film (non-fiction genre) (script, shoot & edit)
- Drafting a screenplay
- Short film (fiction genre) (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- Music Video (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- How to develop concept & story from raw idea?
- Pre-production practical training
- Working with cinematographers, editors & actors.
- Practical film production experience
- Post production workflow
Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I. Alumnus)
Founder & Director, Sixteen By Nine Media Centre.
Starts December 1st, 2018
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Last date of completing admission procedure: On or before 28th Nov 2018
- Minimum qualification required: S.S.C. Pass
- Following to be submitted along with admission form:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Post dated cheques
- Bank Account Details:
Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Productions
Name Of Bank: Bank Of Baroda
Branch Name: Korba
A/c No.: 24810200000499
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: BARB0KORBAX
- Cheques to be drawn in favour of - "Sixteen By Nine Media Productions"
Monthly Course Structure:
Fees | Rs. 55,000/-
Rs. 25,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)