DIPLOMA IN FILM DIRECTION, 6 MONTH COURSE. BEST FILM DIRECTION COURSE IN PUNE. PROJECT BASED CURRICULUM. DIRECT 3 PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS WHILE PURSUING THE COURSE. HANDS ON TRAINING IN FILM DIRECTION. INTRODUCTION TO ACTUAL FILM-MAKING PROCESS. MAKING YOU A PROFESSIONAL TO WORK IN FILM & TV INDUSTRY - SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE.
Duration: 6 Months
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre has designed this 6 month course in film direction, offering real time project based curriculum. Training students in both art & technique of film direction.
Film director is the one who takes the viewers in a journey. He is the one who decides on that journey's direction, meaning where the story goes & how long it takes. 'Where' the story is 'going' implies the Space & 'how long it takes' implies Time. Now, this balancing of the Space-Time equilibrium is the aesthetic sense or art of the film director. The skills required in order to execute the art, is called techniques of film direction.
Topics Covered In The Curriculum:
INTRODUCTORY COMMON LECTURES:
- Introduction to film-making
- How to watch & study a film?
- Video formats
- Concept Note: How to develop a concept from raw idea?
- Film history
- Role of a contemporary director
- Screen grammar
- Spatial connections
- Temporal connections
- Treatment note
- Story - origin & genesis
- Story structure diagram, Shot division
- Story board
- Visual design
- Art direction
- Music appreciation
- Documentary film: history & approaches
- Study of different documentary film styles, techniques & elements of storytelling:
- Cinema Verite
- Essay Documentary
- Personal Documentary
- Hybrid Documentary
- Screenplay & narrative structure
- Pre production: location scouting, floor plan
- Methods of acting, casting, auditions
- Rehearsals with actor
- Practical exercises:
- Original concept & treatment note
- Mis-en-scene exercise
- Music track laying on video editing software
- Screenplay assignment
- Final draft project
- Direction practical: casting, command, prepping the actors, scene blocking, managing the shoot
- 12 Shot Film
- Interview Film
- Documentary Film (non-fiction genre) (script, shoot & edit)
- Short Film (fiction genre) (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- Music Video (script, screenplay, shoot & edit)
- Learning the art & technique of visual storytelling.
- Successfully complete variety of curriculum film projects, managing each project through the pre-production, production and post-production phases.
- Develop an understanding of collaborative working between directors, cinematographers & actors in various curriculum film projects.
- Maintaining a consistent look for each film through studying about visual design & art direction.
- Study about different documentary film formats with focus on style, technique & elements of storytelling.
- Training in screen writing craft, casting, scene blocking, sync-sound production.
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional.
- Hands on learning experience to handle professional projects, through Sixteen By Nine Internship Program.
Gourav Ghosh (F.T.I.I.)
Uttam Mondol (F.T.I.I.)
Anteriksh Srivastava (SBNMC)
announcing last batches of this season
December (Morning) Batch:
Starts 2nd December 2019
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 9.30 am to 12 noon
Last date for registration 27th Nov 2019
January (Evening) Batch:
Starts 6th January 2020
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 3.30 pm to 6 pm
Last date for registration 24th Dec 2019
Limited seats per batch.
Register early to book your seats.
Admission based on registrations only
Registration fees: Rs. 5,000/-
Fees | Rs. 55,000/-
Rs. 25,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)
- Admission form must be duly filled by the student along with the following attachments:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- AVAILABLE PAYMENT MODES:
- Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Centre
Name Of Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch Name: Bhandarkar Road
A/c No.: 50200040423503
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: HDFC0000007
- Payment through credit & debit card can be done using the link button given in our website on the respective course information page.
- Payment can be made through drawing cheque in favour of, "Sixteen By Nine Media Centre"
- SUBMISSION OF POST DATED CHEQUE FOR SECOND & THIRD INSTALLMENT IS MANDATORY AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION IN CASE OF OPTING INSTALLMENT PLAN.
- Inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of an admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student's name, photograph, testimonials, likeness or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.