DIPLOMA IN FILM EDITING, 6 MONTH COURSE. BEST FILM & VIDEO EDITING TRAINING IN PUNE. LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED FACULTY. BECOME A PROFESSIONAL FILM EDITOR. BEST AUDIO VIDEO EDITING COURSE IN PUNE. SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE.
Diploma In Film Editing
Duration: 6 Months
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, through this 6 month film editing course offers the best training to make you a professional Film & Video Editor. Training in audio & video editing along with educating students to think like a filmmaker. Imparting real time project based learning. We teach students to develop concepts and not just be a software operator. Training in latest software, Final Cut Pro X, Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects, Photoshop, coupled with teaching aesthetics aspects of film-editing.
Film editing is one of the most important departments of film-making. A film is a combination of several art forms, such as music, acting, direction, screenplay, picturization etc. All these art forms are combined together through editing. And that is how, a film is made, on the editing table. A film is made up of emotions. The viewer of a film experiences a range of emotions to an imaginary world on screen. With latest software, tools & techniques, the editor creates emotions, rhythm, structure, pace & timing in a film. An editor can create different kinds of emotions from the same footage by cutting it differently.
Topics covered in the curriculum
INTRODUCTORY COMMON LECTURES:
- Introduction to film-making
- How to watch & study a film?
- Video formats
- Concept Note: How to develop a concept from raw idea
- Film history
- Introduction to video editing
- Training in 3 industry standard software for non linear editing - Black Magic Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro CC & Final Cut Pro X
- Understanding the editing workflow
- Backing up footage
- Hard drive folder structure
- Understanding Resolutions
- What is a sequence?
- Creating sequence presets
- Importing content and Premiere Pro/ FCP X/ Da Vinci Resolve folder structure
- Create custom sequence presets for different resolutions
- Story - origin & genesis
- Story structure diagram, Shot division
- Moving clips and trimming
- Introduction to working with audio
- Sound theory
- Noise removing
- Audio filters
- Working with equalizers (EQ)
- Editing on music
- Audio key frames
- Dipping audio for dialogue
- Audio track mixer
- Audio mixing & mastering
- Effect controls
- Rate stretch
- Dubbing, syncing
- Video transitions & effects
- Freeze frame technique, split-screen technique etc.
- Rendering previews
- Creating text titles
- Working with titles in your sequence
- Color mattes
- Colour labels, organising media with colour labels
- Nesting & creating compound clips
- Lower third titles
- Colour correction, colour grading
- Final touches to your edit
- Keyboard shortcuts and tools
- Exporting media
- Creating export presets
- Basic Vfx - Introduction to after effects & its interface, creating new composition, layers & layer properties, animating text & graphics, chroma keying
- Advanced Vfx - Introduction to 3D, compositing & matte painting, 3D camera, motion tracking, spot removing & noise reduction
- Movie audience consumer behaviour
- Project Exercises include:
- 12 Shot Film: Shoot & Edit
- Non-Fiction Film Edit
- Fiction Film Edit
- Movie Trailer Edit
- Ad Film Edit
- Showreel Edit
- Live Projects include:
- Interview Film
- Documentary Film
- Short Film
- Music Video
- Knowledge of using latest professional software for non-linear film & video editing to create broadcast quality films & video.
- Complete a video editing project from start to finish.
- Understanding the process & workflow of film-making: idea & concept creation, script writing, screenplay writing, story structure diagram, colour theory, vfx, sound & audio post production, film production & post production.
- Create advanced projects, montage edits, most up to date transitions and effects & more.
- Develop an understanding of collaborative working between directors, cinematographers & actors in various curriculum film projects.
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional.
- Hands on learning experience to handle professional projects, through Sixteen By Nine Internship Program.
Weekend Batch Commences - 21st Sept, 2019
Sat & Sun Classes
Class Time: 10.30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
COURSE DURATION: 6 MONTHS
Registration fees: Rs. 5,000/-
Last date of completing admission procedure: 18th Sept
Fees | Rs. 55,000/-
Rs. 25,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)
- Admission form must be duly filled by the student along with the following attachments:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- AVAILABLE PAYMENT MODES:
- Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Centre
Name Of Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch Name: Bhandarkar Road
A/c No.: 50200040423503
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: HDFC0000007
- Payment through credit & debit card can be done using the link button given in our website on the respective course information page.
- Payment can be made through drawing cheque in favour of, "Sixteen By Nine Media Centre"
- SUBMISSION OF POST DATED CHEQUE FOR SECOND & THIRD INSTALLMENT IS MANDATORY AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION IN CASE OF OPTING INSTALLMENT PLAN.
- Inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of an admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student's name, photograph, testimonials, likeness or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.
This course trains the student to become a Professional Film Editor, ready to work as an independent Film Editor in the film & television industry.
Download Admission Form
Why choose Sixteen By Nine Media Centre?
- Well equipped lab & classroom with 1 : 1 computer to student ratio.
- Industry-oriented course, covering wide ranging aesthetic, operational & technical aspects of non-linear editing.
- Exhaustive training in professional environment - leading non - linear editing systems (Final Cut PRO X, Adobe Premiere CC & Da Vinci Resolve).
- Recognised facilitators and instructors strained from the Film & Television Institute of India (F.T.I.I.), Pune.
- Internship assistance in Production Houses , Channels , NGOs. & Corporate Organisations in Mumbai and Pune.
- An ideal and convenient location in the heart of Pune city.
- Affordable fees structure.
- Network of other students who are now film-makers, directors, editors, cinematographers & actors working in different levels of film-industry.