DIPLOMA IN FILM EDITING, 6 MONTH COURSE. LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED FACULTY. BECOME A PROFESSIONAL FILM EDITOR. GET EXPERTISE IN FILM POST PRODUCTION PROCESS - SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE, PUNE
Diploma In Film Editing - 6 Month Course
Film editing is one of the most important departments of film-making. A film is a combination of several art forms, such as music, acting, direction, screenplay, picturization etc. All these art forms are combined together through editing. And that is how, a film is made, on the editing table.
A film is made up of emotions. The viewer of a film experiences a range of emotions to an imaginary world on screen. With latest software, tools & techniques, the editor creates emotions, rhythm, structure, pace & timing in a film. An editor can create different kinds of emotions from the same footage by cutting it differently.
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, through this course will train the student to think like a filmmaker with offering, real time project based learning. We train students to develop concepts and not just be a software operator. Training is provided using latest software, Final Cut Pro X, Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro CC & After Effects, coupled with teaching aesthetics aspects of film-editing.
Topics covered in the curriculum
- Training in 3 industry standard software for non linear editing - Black Magic Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro CC & Final Cut Pro X
- Introduction to film-making
- Introduction to editing
- How to watch & study a film?
- Video formats
- Concept note development, How to source a content?
- Story - origin & genesis
- Dubbing, Syncing
- Colour correction, Colour grading
- Story structure diagram, Shot division
- Sound theory, Audio editing - noise removing, track mixing, multi band compression & more
- Introduction to Vfx - matte painting & composition, chroma keying & motion tracking, cloning, puppet tools, tips & tricks
- Movie audience consumer behaviour
- Project Exercises include:
- Non-Fiction Film Edit
- Fiction Film Edit
- Movie Trailer Edit
- Ad Film Edit
- Showreel Edit
- Live Projects include:
-12 Shot Film: Shoot & Edit
- Interview Film
- Documentary Film
- Short Film
- Music Video
- Understanding the process & workflow of film-making: idea & concept creation, script writing, screenplay writing, story structure diagram, creating shot division, making a floor plan, sound & audio post production, film production & post production
- Knowledge of using latest software for non-linear film editing to create professional films & video
- Learning advanced skills: colour correction, colour grading, key framing, audio editing, dubbing & syncing
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional
- Hands on learning experience to handle professional projects, through 1 month compulsory internship program across production houses / t.v. channels across Pune/Mumbai
Starts in June, 2019. Date to be announced.
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Class Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Last date of completing admission procedure: To be announced
This course trains the student to become a Professional Film Editor along with offering 1 month internship. With expertise in industry standard software & techniques for film-editing, coupled with knowledge in aesthetic aspects of film-making, the student becomes professionally ready to work as an independent Film Editor in the film & television industry.
Why choose Sixteen By Nine Media Centre?
- Well equipped lab & classroom with 1:1 computer to student ratio.
- Industry-oriented course, covering wide ranging aesthetic, operational & technical aspects of non-linear editing.
- Exhaustive training in professional industry - leading non - linear editing systems (Final Cut PRO X & Adobe Premiere CC).
- Recognised facilitators and resource person strained from the Film & Television Institute of India (F.T.I.I.), Pune.
- 100% placement assistance in Production Houses , Channels , NGOs. & Corporate Organisations in Mumbai and Pune.
- An ideal and convenient location in the heart of Pune city.
- Affordable fees structure.
Monthly Course Structure
- Month 1: Introduction to film editing, How to watch & study a film, Iconic edited scenes, Video formats, 12 shot exercise, Concept note development, Non fiction project.
- Month 2: How to source a content, Story: origin & genesis, Fiction project, Dubbing & syncing, Fiction project, Color correction & color grading.
- Month 3: Story structure diagram, Sound theory, Audio editing practicals, Movie trailer editing, Shot division format.
- Month 4: Music video editing, Ad film analysis, Ad film editing, Movie audience consumer behaviour.
- Month 5: Introduction to vfx, Matte painting & composition, Chroma keying & motion tracking, Cloning, puppet tools, tips & tricks.
- Month 6: Building up show reel.
Fees | Rs. 55,000/-
Rs. 25,000/- Before batch starts
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 1 month of batch starting - post dated cheque)
Rs. 15,000/- (Within 2 months of batch starting - post dated cheque)
- Admission form must be duly filled by the student along with the following attachments:
- - 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing student's address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any 1 of the examinations - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Available payment modes:
- Payment can done through an online credit or depositing cash into our bank account as per the following details:
Beneficiary Name: Sixteen By Nine Media Productions
Name Of Bank: Bank Of Baroda
Branch Name: Korba
A/c No.: 24810200000499
A/c Type: Current Account
IFS Code: BARB0KORBAX
- Payment through credit & debit card can be done using the link button given in our website on the respective course information page.
- Payment can be made through drawing cheque in favour of, "Sixteen By Nine Media Productions"
- Submission of post dated cheque is mandatory in case of opting installment plan.
- Inability to pay fees on time will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sixteen By Nine Media Centre holds the right to grant as well as cancellation of an admission.
- SBNMC reserves the right to use a student's name, photograph, testimonials, likeness or films in brochures, ads, web & any other promotional material or educational purpose.