DIPLOMA IN FILM EDITING, 6 MONTH COURSE. LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED FACULTY. BECOME A PROFESSIONAL FILM EDITOR. GET EXPERTISE IN FILM POST PRODUCTION PROCESS - SIXTEEN BY NINE MEDIA CENTRE, PUNE
What is film editing?
Film editing is one of the most important departments of film-making. A film is a combination of several art forms, such as music, acting, direction, screenplay, picturization etc. All these art forms are combined together through editing. And that is how, a film is made, on the editing table.
What is the role of film editors?
A film is made up of emotions. The viewer of a film experiences a range of emotions to an imaginary world on screen. With latest software, tools & techniques, the editor creates emotions, rhythm, structure, pace & timing in a film.
An editor can create different kinds of emotions from the same footage by cutting it differently.
Diploma In Film Editing - 6 Month Course
Sixteen By Nine Media Centre, through this course will train the student to think like a filmmaker. We offer real time project based learning to prepare the student for the tough film industry.
Topics covered in the curriculum:
- Training in 3 industry standard software for non linear editing - Black Magic Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro CC & Final Cut Pro X
- Introduction to film-making
- Introduction to editing
- How to watch & study a film?
- Video formats
- Concept note development, How to source a content?
- Story - origin & genesis
- Dubbing, Syncing
- Colour correction, Colour grading
- Story structure diagram, Shot division
- Sound theory, Audio editing - noise removing, track mixing, multi band compression & more
- Introduction to Vfx - matte painting & composition, chroma keying & motion tracking, cloning, puppet tools, tips & tricks
- Movie audience consumer behaviour
- 12 Shot Film: Shoot & Edit
- Documentary Film Edit (Non-Fiction)
- Short Fiction Film Edit
- Movie Trailer Edit
- Ad Film Edit
- Showreel Edit
- Being part of professional projects & companies during 1 month of internship tenure included in the course.
- Understanding the process & workflow of film-making:
idea & concept creation, script writing, screenplay writing, story structure diagram, creating shot division, making a floor plan, sound & audio post production, film production & post production
- Knowledge of professional non-linear editing software (FCP X, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Black Magic Da Vinci Resolve) to create professional films & video
- Learning advanced skills: colour correction, colour grading & key framing
- Recognition of opportunities, understanding of economic and artistic constraints of different branches in this profession, which enables to work effectively as an employee or a self-employed professional
- The 1 month internship program gives hands on learning experience to the students to handle professionals projects
Batch starts Oct 1st, 2018
Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri Classes
Morning Batch Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Evening Batch Time: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
(Student can opt for any one of the batches - morning / evening)
[Please complete admission procedure by 26th Oct.]
Note: Fees can be paid in three monthly installments (25000 - 15000 - 15000).
Post dated cheques for 2nd & 3rd installment to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Minimum qualification required: S.S.C. Pass
- Things to be attached with admission form:
- 1 passport size photo
- photocopy of ID proof bearing address (Aadhar / Passport / Driving license)
- photocopy of mark sheet of any of the following examinations appeared for - S.S.C. / H.S.C. / Graduation / P.G.
- Submission of post dated cheque is compulsory at the time of admission, if opting to pay fees in installment.
This course trains the student to become a Professional Film Editor along with offering 1 month internship. With expertise in industry standard software & techniques for film-editing, coupled with knowledge in aesthetic aspects of film-making, the student becomes professionally ready to work as an independent Film Editor in the film & television industry.
Why choose Sixteen By Nine Media Centre?
- Well equipped lab & classroom with 1:1 computer to student ratio.
- Industry-oriented course, covering wide ranging aesthetic, operational & technical aspects of non-linear editing.
- Exhaustive training in professional industry - leading non - linear editing systems (Final Cut PRO X & Adobe Premiere CC).
- Recognised facilitators and resource person strained from the Film & Television Institute of India (F.T.I.I.), Pune.
- 100% placement assistance in Production Houses , Channels , NGOs. & Corporate Organisations in Mumbai and Pune.
- An ideal and convenient location in the heart of Pune city.
- Affordable fees structure.
Monthly Course Structure:
- Month 1: Introduction to film editing, How to watch & study a film, Iconic edited scenes, Video formats, 12 shot exercise, Concept note development, Non fiction project
- Month 2: How to source a content, Story: origin & genesis, Fiction project, Dubbing & syncing, Fiction project, Color correction & color grading
- Month 3: Story structure diagram, Sound theory, Audio editing practicals, Movie trailer editing, Shot division format
- Month 4: Music video editing, Ad film analysis, Ad film editing, Movie audience consumer behaviour
- Month 5: Introduction to vfx, Matte painting & composition, Chroma keying & motion tracking, Cloning, puppet tools, tips & tricks, Building up show reel & resume
- Month 6: Internship